Monday, January 28, 2008

Exhilaration

This is my current mood….I started my free trial membership at Curves today and feel SO good because of it. After a year long absence from the gym with me constantly telling myself I WILL work out at home and after reaching an all time high weight of….well I won’t admit to that until I have lost some of it, I have faced the fact that if I am going to work out it will be with my tried and true method of over my lunch break. Although Curves is not one of those “all inclusive” gyms I like it because 1. No brains workout….go around the circuit twice and you’re done for the day. 2. I can go to ANY Curves not just the one near my work. So if I want to blow off steam one day when I am home….travel to the nearest Curves and viola!! At first I was a little off put by the fact that there were mainly old ladies there but then I thought how awesome that was since I would not be as self conscious around them.



I know I have a long road ahead of me and there are bound to be extremely discouraging times ahead but, even if I don’t lose a LOT of weight I know that this will be good for my overall mental well being. I want to be able to play with Liam in our big backyard without having to stop after 5 minutes. I want to take more walks with him at night around our neighborhood (those times are the best because he totally opens up to me then and I learn so much about him) without feeling exhausted after only ¼ of a mile. Heck, I would just like to just not be exhausted for no logical reason. So anyway, here goes nothing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment