Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On a Personal Note. . .

For anyone who knows me, they know how much I have fallen in love with Hydrangeas. I absolutely love that we have three bushes in our front yard, even if one of them was unwisely planted in a corner that cannot be reached.

Since we have an abundance of the blue blooms, I have decorated the house with them. I rarely go out the front door to be able to enjoy them to the full so I thought it couldn't hurt to bring their beauty inside.
Photobucket
Those who know me also know that I am a murderess. . .of plants, that is. I can't seem to keep them alive no matter how much I want to. I read a little about succulents. A cactus is a succulent, however, not all succulents are cacti. You don't have to water them often and that is good for my absent-minded self.

I was at Ikea some time ago and saw they had them for sale there and didn't get them at the time. I learned to regret it since the next time I was there they did not have them anymore. This last time I was there, they were there once again and I prevailed myself of eight varieties to adorn my little home.

Looking through an old copy of a Real Simple magazine that elaborated on what to do with your fireplace when it wasn't in use. The result is as you see below and I have to say that I am quite fond of my little accomplishment.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love the things that you can accomplish with a little imagination and creativity. Only time will tell if I can keep these poor plants alive better than their successors.

Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oih I just LOVE the fireplace setup :) The hydrangeas are beautiful, as well! I find myself missing you...you should post more and I will send you more emails about wedding plans! We have to stay in touch :)

    ReplyDelete