Friday, December 21, 2007

Blast from the Past

So at this years District Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses held in Duluth, GA at the Gwinnett Civic Center I saw my sister's first childhood best friend who eventually became her mortal enemy. He has been happily married for some time now and now has 3 kids all under the age of 4 (YIKES!!). Liam and his oldest and his only son, Isaac are close in age and became fast friends. As I was taking pictures of them together, he and I were reminiscing about the many pictures we have of Sara and I and him and his two siblings (of whom, his baby sister was my first best friend) at numerous District Conventions in Birmingham, AL.

I absolutely LOVE the different expressions on the kids' faces in only a few seconds time.






I don't know how many of my friends know how much I truly HATE growing up. Remembering seeing Dustin at the convention really brings those feelings up. Since as long as I remember, I have hated the thought of growing up. At 13, when most kids are aching to grow up and accomplish so much, I KNEW I didn't want to grow up because all that meant was responsibility. :P Who wants that? I wasn't blinded by the glamour of grown up life. Reflecting on that now I can't dwell on the thought of Liam getting older because it puts me in a funk that I can't seem to extract myself from. I even called my mom the other night in tears apologizng to her for all the crap I put her through because I know it is coming for me. Like the wonderful, wise mother that she is she calmed me down and told me to just enjoy every moment as they come and not worry about so much before it gets here. {{sigh}} I still think that the perfect age is 7 though. The age when your parents are still "gods" in you eyes and your biggest problem is being sent to bed without dessert as a punishment (this was Mom and Dad's most effective punishment for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment