Sunday, February 15, 2009

Engagement Session

I was going through some of my digital files the other day and I came across some fun engagement photos that I took right after I first got my Canon 30d. I thought I would share them here.

It stinks trying to find images to show from before my getting a digital camera because it is quite a process to get negatives scanned at the quality needed.


It's kind of weird thinking of the time when I couldn't see the images I shot until way after the fact. I resisted going digital for quite some time. I was one of those people that swore up and down that digital would never replace film and digital was crap. I still love film. Someday I'm going to get out my old Yashica TLR and just concentrate on the more technical aspects that I have gotten away from. One of the things that I like most about digital is that it really is more cost effective. My first real job at the age of 17 was at a cool local camera lab and I almost went broke getting rolls of film developed. Even with my employee discount. Now I am free to take SO many shots without the fear of what it is going to cost me. On the downside, that also means that I am not as careful as I used to be when getting the shot I want but it also opens up the opportunity to not miss anything. I used to dream of having my very own darkroom in or off of my house. Know I just want to get a great digital back up camera. {{sigh}} There's always something to wish for I guess.

Well that was my little trip down memory lane. Hope I didn't bore you too much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment