Monday, February 16, 2009

Music and Cajones

I've always thought it great how a song can transport you back in time. It's something my dad and I have in common. We both can hear a song and tell you in detail what we were doing when he first heard it and so forth. For example, I am now in 1994 making the long drive from Selma, Alabama to Macon, Georgia for the zillionth time as we move cities for the first time in my life. The song: "Linger" The Cranberries.

Another one that stands out in my mind is "I’ll Stand By You" by the Pretenders. I am 15 years old again and attending the coolest party I think I have ever been to and dancing with this new guy that I totally hit it off with.

Here’s a good one. "I’m the Only One" by Melissa Etheridge is playing at Express in the mall and I’m 17 shopping for an outfit to wear to a graduation party where my ex-boyfriend will be and I want to make sure I look H-O-T.

"All Along the Watchtower", the one and only Jimi Hendrix, the opening riff of the song was my ringtone for 2 years. I loved it…never got tired of it. I LOVE my iPhone more and more each day but I sure do wish it was easier to get new ring tones.

Speaking along the lines of music, that reminds me of a conversation my dear love and I were having on the way home from errands tonight. I was talking about cojones and how I have had to grow them since I have married him and we are so much alike that we both hate conflict or the possibility of conflict or of anything that resembles anything that required guts or gumption. Of course he disagreed with me. We then proceeded to get into a play fight about who had the biggest "ahem" cojones which involved me asking him if he would ever sing karaoke in public without the assistance of alcohol. That stopped him in his tracks. VICTORY! I had done so! And because I am trying to live more without the fear of how I may look to others or worry about how silly I think I look...I will post the zany pictures of my singing here for all the world to see.

Wow, could I look any...hmmm...what's the word...odder?
Only a few months after I got married, I went on a business trip with my new job to Orlando. It was an incredibly fun time and we got to stay in this amazing hotel right in Disney. On one day after we got an amazing VIP tour of the Kennedy Space Center we came back to the hotel bar to do a little karaoke. I will admit it took me a while to get the nerve up to actually get up there but...I did. Can you tell what I am singing?
I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL! It's funny how you don't realize how hard a song would be to sing until you're up there.
Ahh. Gotta love how into it I got.Funny, you see pictures like this and you wonder if you always look this "funny" dancing or if it's just the fact that you were frozen in time.
Okay, here is me looking normal. Or at least my face looking normal. Makes me miss my long hair to some extent. To the far left is my gorgeous aunt-in-law. Ahh good times.
{{Edit: I refuse to take this post down, I am turning a new leaf, although I am realizing afresh that horizontal stripes suck and I am never wearing them again. :P }}

No comments:

Post a Comment