Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolve

Well, it's a “new” year and I see many make resolutions that they are bound and determined to follow through on. Despite my longstanding feeling that it's just another day (no offense) I plan on following through on a little resolution I actually made back in November.

I was taking pictures of my in-law family and after the fun/formal shots were taken I went to get my camera off of the tripod and get some candid shots when my lovely sister-in-law and my even lovelier husband started completely goofing off for the camera: SpenceEmCollageBlogAs I was reviewing these in Adobe Lightroom a part of me was really jealous. Not in the way you may traditionally think. I mean, c’mon does it not look like they were having fun and not really caring about looking their absolute best for the camera? In turn, they do look their best. Who doesn’t look their best when they are having fun and enjoying life?

The sad fact is that there are not many pictures of my husband and I and, when there are, they are not very fun. You know, the “Awww, look how goofy they are, they must be really good friends as well as in love.” type of pictures. I haven’t had the fun kind of pictures of myself much at all since my carefree (comparatively, and you all know it) teenage years when all you want to do is make a fool out of yourself in front of the camera with your friends.

SO, my resolve is to suck it up and get in front of the camera too. Have fun. Make memories. Not always put my hand in front of my face when the camera is pointed at me.

First attempts at this were Friday night. We took my brother and sister-in-law out for their upcoming 7th anniversary to Nori Nori in Atlanta.

Why yes, I am quite short. Static-6257 editA little more of a level playing field with Em sitting down. Then it is not quite so evident that I am a shorty.Static-6260Here it would seem that I decided to eat her ear. Not sure what was going on there. Seriously? Hmmmmm. . .Static-6261 My husband and brother-in-law, however, have learned this lesson long ago as is evidenced by the following images.Static-6265 I think Emily was bribing them a large sum of money to never do this again. Static-6266And this was the image immediately following because they couldn’t keep it up for long. Static-6267 liquid Static-6273 What trips me out about this one is that neither knew what face the other was making. Ahhh, brothers. :DStatic-6275

Of course, I have another recurring goal that most normal people have that will actually make my resolve to be in pictures less painful. Losing my first 20 pounds was surprisingly not as difficult as I thought. Now, though, it seems nearly impossible to shed anymore. Brick wall, plateau or whatever else you want to call it, I just call it the devil and am bound and determined to get past this! 20 more pounds in 2 months. And then we’ll go from there.

So, New Year or not, each day I am resolved to make things better for me and my little portion of the world.

Here goes everything. . .

contact me or view my online portfolio. . .

Twitter 75 FB 75

No comments:

Post a Comment