Thursday, August 26, 2010

Couple Portraits - In Love - Charleston SC - Day Two

On an unrelated, non-photography, note. I did not have the internet for a week and it was torturous!! I am so spoiled. I find it hard to believe that for the first year and a half of my marriage we did not have any internet. Of course, it doesn't help that I work from home and rely on the internet to keep me connected to the outside world. Add to that most of my bills are paid online and you have a recipe for disaster.

Moving on, I continuously worked on these amazing images while I had the internet outage and am ridiculously excited to share them with you all. I LOVE them! If it wasn't for how sand is ridiculously annoying the way it gets into everything, I would want to shoot at the beach ALL the time.

Whereas I enjoyed stretching my skills by
shooting with them at night, there is nothing
like shooting in beautiful sunset light.
Photobucket
I love how you can completely change the way an image
looks by changing your position relative to the sun.
Here's the first shot. . .
Photobucket
. . .and here's the second. . .and all I did was move ever so slightly in order to allow the sun to shine through a bit more.

I love how it accomplishes such a different and more dreamy feel.
Photobucket
This was my favorite image that I posted on my Facebook page the other day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
There's something I just love about driftwood on the beach.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
BEAUTIFUL!!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
It is truly a wonderful thing when a couple that has been together for many years are still able to have fun together and be goofy.
Photobucket
Spencer had a great idea involving these posts. This
was my take on the idea before he explained it better. . .
Photobucket
However, this is what he meant.
I think I like his idea better than my
interpretation of it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love the difference there is in a photograph when you use only natural light and then the effect using a little bit of flash can have on the effect. 

For example, on the left is natural light and on the right is just a little pop of flash to ensure they were illuminated well.
Photobucket
Like I said, these guys were fun and up for anything, even
getting completely soaked for the chance of a good picture. . .
Photobucket
. . .or two. . .
Photobucket
. . .or three or four or five. 😄
Photobucket
And since they were already soaking wet we decided
to re-enact the scene from "From Here to Eternity".
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment