Friday, February 15, 2008

The Circus is in Town

The Ringling Brothers (and Barnum and Bailey) circus was in Macon last week and my dad was so lovely to buy tickets for us all (Dad, Mom, Sara, Spencer, Liam and I) and we all went one Friday evening. To be honest, I wasn’t totally excited because the last time I went to the circus, I was in 6th grade and it was very disappointing. Zoos and Circuses, you see one you see them all in my opinion.

The circus was a debacle. It was a daycare day for Liam (translation = no nap) and he was getting sick on top of that. This meant a hypersensitive high strung child who just wanted to see the animals and there weren’t very many of those. 2 elephants – 1 zebra (who only made a brief appearance) – 5 weiner dogs – and Tigers (not sure how many). Most of the performance were acrobats of different sorts which couldn’t hold his attention. Not to mention the absolutely insane price of things at the circus. They make stuff at the Braves games look cheap. We splurged and got him this spinning lighted toy thing for $18 because how often do you really take your child to the circus? I just wanted cotton candy. NOT for $10 a bag though. I can handle my disappointment better though. Liam wanted some too and did not understand why the man would not come to his seat to give him any. I had to try to explain to him that he wasn’t GIVING it away.




Liam with his $18 toy that Sara later traded in for one he wanted more.



GIVE IT UP FOR THE CIRCUS PERFORMERS!!



No comments:

Post a Comment