Monday, February 25, 2008

Ye Old Spaghetti Factory

Ever have those memories of places that were just the best when you were little and then you get older and your memory is tarnished by some new experience? It used to be that the crème de la crème of dining out in my eyes was the “Old Spaghetti Factory” on Ponce de Leon in Atlanta. Mom, Dad, Sara, and I had gone there on several special occasions in my youth and it was a grand place…in my memory. I even had a souvenir glass that my custom made Italian soda came in one time that I kept for the longest time collecting dust on my dresser.

The point of this rambling being that I went there a few Saturdays ago with my husband’s family on his mother’s side and either my memories are glossed over by naivety or it has gone downhill. We had a party of around 30 people (my mother in law has 7 sisters and 1 brother and they weren’t even all there) and they only gave us only one server. Poor guy struggled for the first hour and a half by himself in which we had not even gotten a chance to order yet. Food came out quick, but it was all cold. We got free desserts but they were still frozen. :::sigh::: Sara and I felt so sorry for our poor server. It was a nice time though. We got to see some friends that we hadn’t seen in a while and Liam got to hang out with his cousins that he doesn’t get to see that often. I am so glad that I have known and been a part of Spencer’s family for longer than we have been together because it allowed me the unique opportunity of coming to love them (and get used to them) for themselves not just because they are my husband’s family
Ms. Riley Elizabeth and Liam cheesing for the camera.

Daniel, Allysa Jo, Riley, and Liam

The kids proudly showing off their $1 bills that they were planning on spending on fresh Krispy Kreme donuts (YES, it cost a whole dollar for one donut)

We are large and in charge and this isn't even all of Spencer's mom's side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment