Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Baby Shower Fun

The other week, I went to a dear friend's baby shower held at another good friend's house. I have to say it was the nicest baby shower I had ever been too.

She had this lovely sign at the door which I thought was the most tactful way to request no shoes in the house.
Photobucket
Following are some detail shots of the absolutely yummilicious hors d'oeuvres.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Makes me hungry just lookng at it. These jelly bean strings were awesome. They bought an insane amount of dental floss and then hand strung them. Seems a shame since they weren't touched.
Photobucket
Photobucket
These cupcakes had the most completely and totally awesome frosting on it that I have ever tasted. I believe it was buttercream icing mixed with strawberry puree.
Photobucket
I love these cute and simple decorations.
Photobucket
The guest of honor herself looking absolutely adorable.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I think it's safe to say the guests were having a good time.
Photobucket
Photobucket
These were the beginnings of a pretty fun game that came later. I had only heard of it one time before. We were all asked to bring a baby picture of ourselves.
Photobucket
Photobucket
We also had two other games as well. One was trying to remember what the baby names were for all kinds of animals, harder than it seemed. The other was trying to match Bible parents with their offspring. Also more difficult than it seemed.
Photobucket
Then it was gift opening time.
Photobucket
Leslie had two helpers with the gifts. One was the guest of honor's niece, this adorable little girl. She was standing at the ready to hand off gifts and was as excited as if they were her own. I think she is looking forward to having a little cousin to play with.
Photobucket Photobucket
Digging in. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was a cool little gift. Perfect indulgences for her last days of pregnancy.
Photobucket
These bibs are more rockin' creations of Wendy from BellaBee Designs.
Photobucket
Cuteness itself.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The grandmother-to-be thought she could hide from my lens by sitting next to me. Little did she know that I had a wide-angle lens.
Photobucket
I was so glad that I caught this adorable shot of the father-to-be's mother and her first grandchild.
Photobucket
Here is Taylea giving up the answers to whose who in the baby picture game.
Photobucket
And here are the three ladies most anxiously waiting Luke's arrival.
Photobucket
Taylea had asked me to take some images because she needed some new ones for her home. Her mother and sister had come all the way from Oklahoma for the shower so I made sure to get some wall-worthy images of the two of them.
Photobucket
Her sister is just as gorgeous as she is.
Photobucket
As you can see.
Photobucket
And lastly is this big guy was thrilled to pieces to be out of the garage finally once everyone cleared out.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks so beautiful and fun. I hated missing it. POO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg @the food!!!!!! and mom-to-be is adorable!

    ReplyDelete