Monday, April 6, 2009

Prepare your Eyes for Some Gorgeousness

I really hope that you don't get carpal tunnel syndrome from this post but I just could not cut down the images I showcased.

One of my best friend's sisters-in-law allowed me the privelege of capturing the beauty she helped bring out in each and every one of these ladies.

ChaCha is a very talented makeup artist and hairstylist who is like me and really working at launching a career doing what she loves. Check out all that she offers here. You can also check her out and stalk her on Facebook here.

So let us begin.

Here is the first model.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Here is a bit more of a dramatic look.
Photobucket
I called this her "sexy stare". She laughed at me for that.
Sexy Stare
And here is her powerhouse smile.
Photobucket
Everytime we instructed this beauty to look "sexy" she just wasn't sure how to react. Her reasoning was that what is sexy for one person is not necessarily so for someone else.
Photobucket
Although I think she pulled it off rather well.
Photobucket
But I have to say that I loved her smile the best.
Photobucket
Each of these girls were so beautiful and so incredibly sweet as well.

Our next model we called Cleopatra.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Jennifer was the honorary bride of the photo shoot. She showcased the beautiful ethereal "bridal" look.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I love the dramatic yet natural look that was accomplished here.
Photobucket
This girl has been married for 4 years and has a 5 month old and her wedding dress is actually loose on her. Don't hate her though because I don't think you will find a sweeter person in the world.
Photobucket
And I know that I missed the focus a bit on this one but I LOVE IT!
Photobucket
There was a wardrobe and hair change for this model and it's amazing how she looks almost like a different person altogether.
Photobucket

Photobucket
We could not help but poke fun at this dear girl. She is extremely gregarious but could not talk while she was waiting for her lip decor to set. Her brother was at the shoot and had fun teasing the life out of her. Yep, we has some fun.

I love this unique look and how the makeup compliments her outfit without being overly done.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
These next few shots are just for fun. Again, I missed focus a bit as I was experimenting with light and my wonderful 50 mm 1.4 lens.
Photobucket

Photobucket
And when I say experimenting with lighting I mean the sun had gone down already and I had lost my natural light so ChaCha's husband set up some lights outside to mimic the sun. I am personally very happy with the results. I think it gives almost an ethereal quality to the images. (Yes, yes I know I have used ethereal twice in one post. Time to break out the thesaurus)
Photobucket

Jenny had a full hair, makeup and wardrobe change and went for full drama.
Photobucket
I'm sorry. I still won't allow you to hate her.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pearls 1
And here is the beautiful artist herself. One day I will get her and her adorable little family together for a photo shoot. ;)
Photobucket

I really had a lot of fun this evening. It forced me to test my boundaries and work outside of the box I am used to. I hope that you enjoyed viewing these as much as I enjoyed taking them and working on them. Please feel free to leave feedback as I know that i have a lot to work on in this avenue.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! WOW!!! That looks like it was a lot of fun. No wonder you were getting home so late that nite ;)

    ReplyDelete