Thursday, April 24, 2008

My New Toy!!

I am so excited. My wonderful husband just got me my 2 year anniversary present early….because he knows that I get SO impatient when I get my mind set on something that I really want (I am an instant gratification whore…so to speak). I gave my sister my Fuji Finepix S7000 to my sister some time ago. It was painful for me as I LOVED that camera but I felt it was only fair since she really had no camera at that time, her Canon having crapped out on her, and I had my big macdaddy Canon 30D. Since that time I have missed having a no-brainer point and shoot. It is a “slip in your pocket and go” camera (although the Fuji was NOT a pocket camera by far). The Fuji was great because it had oh so many features of a digital SLR without the price tag or quite as much bulk…it even had the ability to manual focus. OK, I need to stop remembering it because it was AWESOME!! Anyway, I have been shopping around and comparing price and quality and finally settled on this.

It is an Olympus Stylus FE340. Olympus was a forerunner in the digital field and I trust that this little thing will be great and perform up to Olympus standards. I find it humorous that my point & shoot has as many megapixels as my Canon 30D. I am greatly looking forward to playing with it and finding an adorable “handmade with love” sleeve on Etsy to protect it in the black hole of my purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment