Thursday, April 3, 2008

Beginnings of Life

So I got this really inexpensive macro/fisheye lens for my Canon D30 about a month ago and have been so busy that I have not been able to test it out. Poor lens has been sitting neglected in my camera bag. Well…when is the best time to test out a macro lens?!?! SPRINGTIME!!! My mother-in-law is a flower enthusiast so she has many beautiful flowers and flowering trees in her yard. PERFECT for me to experiment on.
IRISES!!! So intricate and SO beautiful. The detail is amazing. You can even see the pollen.

Tulips are one of my favorite flowers. They are so much less showy & ostentacious than roses yet they are just as beautiful in their slender simplicity. It is the smooth lines and the simplicity I think that make them so beautiful

I actually loved being able to get to many of the flowers before full bloom. I think it is amazing how a tree can look dead but, as you get closer, you see these amazing little green shoots and leaves beginning to slowly find their way out of the limbs showing that, despite appearances, life has been lying dormant inside for so long...just waiting. What a wonderful illustration to the fact that Jehovah has us always alive in his memory, even when we die, so that he can resurrect us in paradise as we always were, just without sin and imperfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment