Tuesday, June 17, 2008

As my sister would say. . .

. . . WARNING! This is going to be a LONG post. . .but with LOTS of picture goodies.

I am FINALLY getting around to posting pictures of my trip to Savannah with Sara. Although this is not a fact to be congratulated as I just bumped it up ahead of Date Day pictures from the beginning of the year and Charleston pictures. I still haven’t gotten the rolls of FILM that I took on our date day developed yet. Procrastination, Abra is thy name.

Moving right along. . .it has been a week since Sara and I went to Savannah. It was just as it was supposed to be. Relaxing with no plans. My drive to Macon to meet up with Sara was quite eventful and HOT as hades. It took me about 2 ½ hours to make a 1 ½ hour trip and once I had almost reached my destination I got flashed by a passing motorcycler. Scarred for life, I must say.

The only plan that Sara and I had was to try to eat at Lady & Sons, Paula Dean's restaurant in Savannah. However, you have to make a reservation in person by 9:30 AM at the latest in order to even get a dinner reservation. We got there at about 12ish. Hmmmm. We ended up eating at Panera Bread. Quite a letdown by comparison. After wandering around some shops we decided to do something we had never done before. We took a guided tour bus. Wish we had decided to do this earlier because it would have been awesome to be able to do the hop on and off option to see more of the city.

We ended our tour at the city market where we got a wee bit silly. . .
Normally, this is not the kind of thing I would do, but I have learned to not care as much and, HECK you can’t spend your whole life a stick in the mud.

Being that we were in Savannah, I had to get my obligatory bag of Saltwater Taffy. On the tour we had our eyes peeled for the church that we knew had Jehovah's name on it. Once we saw it we got all excited and saw this other family get all excited too. Turns out that they were also Jehovah's Witnesses which we didn't find out for sure until we were getting off of the bus. It's so nice to meet your brothers and sisters anywhere and just talk like you are old friends. Anyway, we had taken note of the streets the church was on and went back to take pictures as you see above.

That night we had all kinds of plans…most of which we did not follow through with. We ended up going to this awesome little Italian restaurant 30 minutes before they closed. {{evil grin}} Then on to our search for a liquor store. HA! I am telling you, 10 o’clock PM is not that late, I don’t care what you think. Unfortunately liquor stores do not think the same way as I do and the search for one that was open ensued.
As the picture indicates, we found one. And since this was a “no holds barred” cheating on your eating weekend, I suggested that we must get some Krispy Kreme goodness…conveniently located across the street from the liquor store…except for the fact that we didn’t notice this and got about ¾ of a mile away before making a u-turn to get back to it. {{whoops}} I swear we weren’t drunk yet.
Sunday was beach day! Highlight of my trip and when I took most of my pictures. So we packed up and were just about ready to go get some seafood before we headed to Tybee Island when “horror of horrors” I could not find my little camera. I was calm at first. . .that is until I had searched through my suitcase…and my purse…and my bed…and Sara’s car…and my camera bag…and Sara’s purse…and Sara’s suitcase…and the ENTIRE room…TWICE!! At this point I was understandably near tears. Then as I went through the hotel room one last time I yanked at the bedspread on Sara’s bed (I had already done the same thing to my bed) and THERE IT WAS!!!
A few stops on River Street, one specialty drink, and bellyful of seafood later, we were on our way to Tybee.
I've always envied Sara her freckles. I wanted freckles so bad growing up that I used to draw them on with Mom's eyeliner/eyebrow pencils.
Sara took this shot of my hand as I was stretching laying on our newly acquired beach towels.
I absolutely LOVE this picture of Sara. Surprisingly she likes it too. I took it right after she was laughing at me over something clumsy that I did.
I have become stalkerazzi as of late taking my love of observing people one step further.
Then, !!CHEESY ALERT!! we drove off into the sunset.

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful photos from your trip. I Love the sunset.


    Sue

    I have been reading your blog for a liitle while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much...really. {{warm smile}} Can you believe the sunset was taken through the front window of the car?!?

    ReplyDelete