Monday, June 16, 2008

Growing Up and Moving On

The Perfect form for a bellyflop
SO this was a wunderbar weekend…A friend that I have not seen in FOUR years was in town and I drove to Macon to hang with her and my seester and my little bit of a man. She had never met Liam and it took a bit of getting used to for her to see me as a mom. After all I was always just her best friend’s little sister.

Sunday was great. After I spent the night with my mommy and daddy I drove back home to go to the meeting and then hang out with the COOLEST couple in the world.
They are expecting a little girl in October and I swear, she is one of the cutest pregnant people I have EVER seen. Isabella Mila Vazquez is what they are naming their daughter. What an awesome name. They tried to mix the Cuban and Russian/Polish heritage in her name. I LOVE it. Anyway, we hung out in the pool and grilled out and then I pampered Jenny by giving her a footrub and painting her toenails because I remember how hard it was for me to reach my own toes after a certain point.
I think one of the best parts of the weekend was how my little man was able to finally conquer his fear of the water in one fell swoop. It was gradual at first, but then, yesterday it all changed. He was jumping in OVER AND OVER again. . .
. . .and asking to be thrown back and forth between people until we were all too tired to continue doing it.
It was mind boggling how this little person who, just 3 weeks ago, was screaming bloody murder if you even suggested going under water with him was now willingly putting himself face first in the water. I’m tearing up just thinking about it. Since the first and last time Liam ever went to the beach was when he was 1½ years old, Spencer and I have decided we are going to take a weekend towards the middle of July to go to the beach with him. This will be nice for him especially after overcoming his fears in the pool. The only bittersweet part of his conquest is that Grandpa and GrandNettie have FINALLY got a contract on their house and will have to be out of it by July 2nd which means no more ready access to the pool. It makes me SO flipping sad that this house I have come to love will no longer be a Morris house. I am happy beyond words that it is being sold because my lovely in-laws are simplifying their lives to better serve Jehovah but even the sweetest cup we put to our mouths in life usually is accompanied by a few bitter tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment