Monday, June 2, 2008

Baseball "Practice" and Photo Tips

You know you hear about those little inexpensive photo tricks and then you file them away in your brain and promptly forget them until you discover them on accident? Well, if you do or don’t know what I am talking about, that is just a preface to a little trick I rediscovered when reviewing some photos I took a while back.

Spencer and Liam like to hang out in the backyard sometimes. Spencer is really great at taking Liam out there to play with him…that is one of the main reasons we purchased a house after all. One of my favorite things to do is to grab my camera and capture them interacting through the window. That way, I don’t interrupt their goings on and Liam doesn’t start cheesing for the camera. When I was getting these shots ready to post I realized that although they are in focus, there is a nice soft glow to them. Then it hit me, it was because I was taking the pictures through the window screens which was diffusing the light and giving it that soft glow. AWESOME!! So I thought I would share that trick with all of you who may have heard of it before but forgotten or for those of you to whom this is a completely new idea. You better believe I am going to Home Depot or Wal-Mart to get a screen for my portraits though.

Meanwhile, enjoy these timeless shots of two of my favorite men in the world enjoying a sunny day and america’s favorite pastime.

1 comment:

  1. I love these father and son shots! They are so cute together, how fun. But I REALLY love the photos from Memorial day weekend with that adorable little puppy - they are classic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete